David C. Bloomfield is Professor of Education Leadership, Law, and Policy at Brooklyn College and the CUNY Graduate Center. Among other publications, he is the author of American Public Education Law (Peter Lang, 2012, 2d ed.) along with frequent columns and press comments. Beyond his academic work, Prof. Bloomfield provides expert testimony and assistance to organizational clients and the media addressing a broad array of intersecting instructional, legal, political, and policy problems for
- School systems and public/independent schools facing a broad array of education management, legal, personnel, parent engagement, and community outreach challenges;
- Parent and community organizations needing advocacy skills;
- Public officials and candidates seeking education policy or legislative solutions
- Education reporters, editors, and news producers seeking print or electronic commentary, particularly for breaking Education Law & Policy news.
- Organizations seeking dynamic, knowledgeable presentations on educational leadership, law, and current policy issues: “David Bloomfield is not only brilliant, but a wonderful speaker, and we all learned so much about how the legal system works. The resources he provided are invaluable.”